Angry Nigerians are asking the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye why his 2016 prophecy failed
Pastor Enoch Adeboye
As the year ends, some concerned Nigerians have come out to question some of the prophesies by the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye who in his 2016 prophecy said that a new Sexually Transmitted Disease will hit the world in 2017.
However, the year is about to end and many people have asked the man of God why his prophecy didn’t come true.
"The prayers of Nigerians averted it – The Holy Bible for Mugus and Mumus." someone noted.
Another said: "It’s almost the end of the year and we are yet to see the newly minted Sexually Transmitted Disease that Daddy G.O promised us. And no, Ebola doesn’t count. Ebola has been sexually transmitted in Africa for years."
While another person added: "I knew this would come.
"So, let me use HIV/AIDS as an example.
"HIV was clinically proven to be the causative agent of AIDS in the 1980s. With every mode of transmission therein, it was published in the medical journals and was widely accepted, just like your Ebola and Zika. Was that the discovery/first case of HIV/AIDS? Absolutely not. HIV first appeared in medical journals in 1929, researchers tracing the origins of HIV traced it to the DRC in the 1900s. That was the origin of HIV. Same case with your Ebola and Zika. They’ve been in Africa killing people for decades, I’m sure there’s an obscure journal somewhere written by an African Doctor that mentions that sexual route is a likely mode of transmission."
Below are the prophesies, which were published on his website:
1) Prophesies for Nigeria: Things are likely to get tougher, before they get better, but things will definitely get better before the year ends. What He (God) started last year, he will finish this year, provided we don’t rejoice too soon.
2) International prophesies: Natural disasters, floods, fires, earthquakes, are likely to get progressively worse, until governments realise that these are part of divine judgment against those who have unholy laws. If governments will repent of disdaining Christ and his church, he will help them win the fight against terrorism. A major war will be averted this year.
3) A new sexually transmitted disease will surface.
4) For individuals: Some families will trace the beginning of their generational blessings to this year. Some will receive help from unexpected sources.
5) Grateful hearts will have more causes to be grateful.
6) For many, the pendulum of life in generally on the upward swing now, a chosen few will receive blessings so large they can hardly contain.